The difference between “I think” and “I know” is data. Making business decisions on gut, intuition or “I think” is risky. Arm yourself with data. I can design and conduct quick and inexpensive custom surveys, to give your recommendations more credibility and backup support. MD’s and CEOs normally want to know what the key competitors are doing, or what your employees are really thining.
I can help you answer the following types of questions:
- What are your competitors doing with their sales incentives?
- What are the mobility trends in your industry?
- Are your competitors localizing their expatriates? Using local plus?
- What healthcare providers are your competitors using and are they happy?
- What do my employees feel about our healthcare benefits, time off benefits, etc.?
- What are our expatriates’ top concerns about taking an international assignment, or about ending an assignment?
- If “pay” was scored low on our general engagement survey, what specifically are they concerned about?
- How do people feel about the quality of people management? (they will not tell you in exit interviews!)
I will meet with you, and other HR or business leaders as appropriate to determine what your objectives are, what questions need to be answered, insights sought, etc. I will recommend an approach including one or more of the following:
- Executive interviews
- Confidential online questionnaire/survey
- Employee/expatriate (or spouse) focus groups
I will compile and prepare a report and a presentation deck for your use. I can help present the results, if desired. (I have faced internal audiences many times and sometimes having a consultant in the room adds credibility, even if you know the material well.)
Timing for external surveys is mainly dependent on solicitation of targeted industry participants, and participant response times. Survey design and reporting are very fast. Internal research is faster than external, generally, but still depends on availability and reponsiveness of participants.